7 Benefits of Migrating to a Cloud-based Phone System
If you’re starting a new business, or if you’re simply thinking about a communications upgrade, you should consider migrating to a cloud-based phone system. These solutions use an internet connection and can be supported by your existing network. There are seven key benefits of upgrading to cloud-based communications:
- Full integration of communications features: Whether it’s an employee based at headquarters or a remote worker at a home office, your staff can access the same communications tools. Productivity is increased with seamless access to customer relationship management (CRM) tools, email, instant messaging, and video conferencing.
- Flexibility: Migrating to a cloud-based phone system gives you the flexibility to customize your phone features to your needs. Maybe you manage a smaller business that could benefit from a digital receptionist when vacation times overlap, or you need collaboration tools for better communication between providers, project managers, and line-of-business managers. It can all be customized for your business.
- Mobility support: If your company is like most businesses, your staff is increasingly mobile. A cloud-based phone system gives your employees the ability to utilize the same tools, no matter where they are or what time it is. All they need is an internet connection and a valid login.
- Scalability: If your enterprise has a seasonal element to its volume flows, or if you are running a promotion or use pop-up shops, the scalability of migrating to a cloud-based phone system will be a valuable benefit. You only pay for the number of users you need, but users can be added or removed in a matter of seconds.
- Business continuity: A cloud-based solution is less likely to be affected by a local natural disaster such as a hurricane or fire, and any circumstances that keep employees from getting into the office won’t keep them from accessing your communications tools. Even if disaster strikes your community, your business can maintain a constant presence.
- Customer service: Using auto-attendant or a digital receptionist, your system can be customized to deliver improved customer service. Whether it’s posting news about a promotion or special holiday hours, your cloud-based phone can keep customers up-to-date.
- Cost savings: This is often the first reason companies consider migrating to a cloud-based phone system, but the actual cost savings may seem less transformational than the improvements to customer service and productivity.
You will experience a lower monthly invoice for calls, but you’ll also enjoy a low installation investment. Plus, costs can be categorized as operational expenses.
If you’d like to know more about how these benefits might impact your particular business practices, or if you have questions about cloud-based communications, contact us at Precision Interconnect by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org calling us at (212) 784-2002.